4444 West Stone Drive
Allandale Mansion was given to the City of Kingsport in 1969. Built in 1950 by Ruth and Harvey Brooks, Allandale still houses their fine furnishings. Once a 500 acre farm where Mr. Brooks raised his championship Black Angus cows and blue-ribbon walking horses, Allandale Mansion is now an elegant public facility.
The Facility features include:
The Heron Dome is one of two Gazebos at Allandale, located directly behind the mansion courtyard. Features include an ornamental Heron art sculpture and bench seating around a water feature. Beautiful landscaping surrounds the back of the Heron Dome. Events can be held in front of the Dome in the grass space. Estimated seating capacity is 200.
An amphitheater, a Georgian style mansion, an additional Gazebo, park benches, a pavilion, picnic tables, two rental barns and two stocked ponds are also available at the facility. Fishing license is required.
The grounds of Allandale Mansion are open daily dawn to dark, except when scheduled for events.
For more information and reservations contact 423-229-9422 or visit www.allandalemansion.com.