Allandale Mansion – Amphitheater
Located on 25 acres, Kingsport’s Allandale Mansion is a popular spot for weddings, private parties and business functions. Allandale Mansion was given to the City of Kingsport in 1969. Built in 1950 by Ruth and Harvey Brooks, Allandale still houses their fine furnishings. Once a 500 acre farm where Mr. Brooks raised his championship Black Angus cows and blue-ribbon walking horses, Allandale is now an exciting part of Kingsport’s civic and social life. Now, the mansion’s easy access to all points of interest and leisure activities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia makes it a favorite spot for events and entertainment.
Allandale’s Amphitheater was built with Georgian style architecture, an 800 sq. ft. flat stage, and tiered front steps. Maximum depth 16’ and maximum width 50’. A dressing room, access to stage power and electrical connections for remote sound system hook up (sound and lighting systems are not included), wooden accessibility ramps, seating on a gently sloping grassy area in front of the stage, ornamental landscaping and accent lighting. Estimated capacity: 1,500-2,000 people