The Kingsport Greenbelt is a linear park that connects residential neighborhoods, traditional parks, downtown commercial districts, schools, and activity centers. It features a pathway that meanders along gentle streams, wanders through marshlands, glides across open meadows, and passes historic buildings and houses that have been preserved and restored.
The Park features include:
- A 10 mile paved or concrete trail with access points to neighborhoods, shopping centers, schools, and other parks. Trail width varies from 6′-10′.
- Water fountains/refill stations
- Outdoor restrooms and/or portolets
- Park Benches
- Picnic shelters
- Fishing piers
- Boat ramps
- A children’s playground
- Mileage markers
- An emergency call station
- Lighting in designated areas
- Blue bird boxes and birding areas For more information about birding visit the Kingsport Birding Trail website
- Information signage
- A piece of outdoor fitness equipment (bench press, elyptical)
- Bicycle racks
- A bicycle repair station
- Bicycle air pump
Kingsport Greenbelt Use Rules
• Ride, walk, or skate to the Right (Allow others to pass on the Left)
• Be considerate of others. Ride, walk, or skate no more than two abreast. Stay off of private property. Abide by all noise ordinances.
• When bicycling or skating, warn those you are passing from behind. Yield to pedestrians. Maintain speed appropriate to conditions. Maintain control of equipment at all times.
• Children using the trail should be accompanied by an adult.
• Use pathways only during daylight hours.
• Leave vegetation undisturbed and protected.
• Keep pets on a short leash at all times.
• Report all vandalism.
• Deposit all trash in litter receptacles.
• Drugs, alcohol, hunting, shooting, open fires, horses, and motorized vehicles are prohibited.
Open dawn to dark, except when scheduled for events.
For more information contact 423-229-9457. For maps and details: www.kingsportgreenbelt.com
The Greenbelt is not available for general reservation.