800 Granby Road
Dogwood Park is a membership only community dog park, located adjacent to Hunter Wright Stadium. The 3 acre park has a 6 foot high vinyl-coated chain link fences and the park is divided into two sections. 2.5 acres is designated for large dogs and .5 acre for smaller dogs (25 pounds and elderly/feeble dogs). Small dogs may play in the large dog area at owners risk. The dog park area is secured by a keyless entry system which provides owners with assurance that other dogs have had the proper vaccinations and also provides an added measure of safety at the park. Restrooms, water fountains, doggie waste stations, park benches and dog agility equipment are also available at this location.
Annual registration/fee (July-June) is required to use Dogwood Park to ensure that all dogs have up to date vaccinations. The registration process provides the owner with a gate access card to enter the park and the registered dog with a “Dogwood Park” ID tag.
Rules & Regulations
• All dogs in the park must wear a collar, ID tag, current rabies tag, and a park registration tag.
• Dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior must be removed from the park immediately.
• Choke, prong, pinch, and spike collars are prohibited from use in the park and must be removed before entering the park.
• Dogs must be healthy and have current vaccinations (Rabies, Distemper/Parvo, & Bordetella). Dogs with contagious conditions / illnesses are prohibited.
• Dogs must be 4 months of age or older to enter park.
• Dogs in heat are not permitted in the park.
• Dogs must be on leash when entering and exiting the park.
• Use of the park is at the dog owner’s risk.
• Owners must clean up after their dog(s) and dispose of waste appropriately.
• Owners are responsible for the actions of their dog(s) and shall repair any damage (i.e., holes, etc).
• A maximum of two (2) dogs per owner are allowed in the park at a time.
• Dog handlers must be 16 years of age or older.
• Children must be 12 years of age or older to be allowed in the park.
• Other animals (non-dogs) may not be brought into the park.
• Owners must have leash on hand and be present inside the park with their dog(s) at all times. Dogs may only be off leash within the fenced area of the park.
• Owners should not bring into the park dog toys that cannot be shared with other dogs.
• Shirts and shoes are required.
• PROHIBITED: Glass containers, Food, Tobacco, and Alcohol.
• The small dog area is for dogs less than 25 pounds and elderly / feeble dogs. Small dogs may play in large dog area at own risk.
• Bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, and strollers are not allowed in the park.
• Replacement cost for lost park access cards is $10.00. Replacement cost for lost dog park tags is $5.00 per tag.
800 Granby Road
Kingsport, TN 37660
Open dawn to dark, except when scheduled for events.
The Park is a membership based facility, located beside Hunter Wright Stadium.
Visit www.kingsportdogpark.com for more information.
For more information contact 423-224-2489.
Reservation of the Park is not allowed.