Allandale Mansion – Heron Dome
Located on 25 acres, Kingsport’s Allandale Mansion is a popular spot for weddings, private parties and business functions. Allandale Mansion was given to the City of Kingsport in 1969. Built in 1950 by Ruth and Harvey Brooks, Allandale still houses their fine furnishings. Once a 500 acre farm where Mr. Brooks raised his championship Black Angus cows and blue-ribbon walking horses, Allandale is now an exciting part of Kingsport’s civic and social life. Now, the mansion’s easy access to all points of interest and leisure activities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia makes it a favorite spot for events and entertainment.
An add-on to Mansion rentals, this facility, donated by Harry Coover, is located directly behind the courtyard. The Dome has an intricate design and features a beautiful heron sculpture fountain. Ornamental landscaping surrounds the dome. Estimated seating capacity is 200.